Better Business Bureau serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington has teamed up with the Online Trust Alliance for an expanded series of events commemorating Data Privacy Day.
OTA, a non-profit with the mission to enhance online trust, will host a Data Privacy & Protection Town Hall on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, in Seattle. OTA will also host complimentary webinars on Jan. 31. All events aim to provide a framework to help businesses protect their data and that of customers—through the release of the OTA’s 2013 Data Protection & Breach Readiness Guide.
The Town Hall meeting will feature interactive panel discussions with leaders in public policy, privacy, consumer protection and cybercrime law enforcement on: the evolving definition of privacy; considerations of collection, usage and sharing in the regulatory landscape; recommendations and best practices for data protection; and what to do in the event of a data loss incident or breach.
Registration for Seattle Data Privacy & Protection Town Hall: dataprivacyseattle.eventbrite.com
Jan. 30, 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Seattle Art Museum - 1300 1st Ave., Seattle
- Bob Ferguson, Washington State Attorney General (Keynote)
- Robert Andrew, President and CEO, Better Business Bureau, Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington
- Tim Wallach, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Bob Schroeder, Regional Director, Federal Trade Commission
- Tim Rohrbaugh, Chief Information Security Officer, Intersections Inc. and Identity Guard
- Craig Spiezle, Executive Director and President, Online Trust Alliance (Moderator)
- Aaron Weller, Managing Director, Data Protection & Privacy, PwC
- Chris Babel, CEO, TRUSTe
- Kirk Arthur, Special Agent, United States Secret Service
- Paula Selis, Sr. Counsel, Consumer Protection Division, Washington State Attorney General's Office
Registration for free Data Privacy & Data Loss Incident Planning Webinars:
Jan. 31, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EST
Jan. 31, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. EST
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for credentials.
The 2013 Privacy and Data Privacy Day Town Halls are underwritten in part by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Pitney Bowes Inc., Intersections Inc., Infragard® and the Council of Better Business Bureaus.